Welcome..

Musician Richard Dean Wilson Jr. - Born on 1.18.1977 in the great city of Philadelphia PA.

Monday, January 28, 2008

I love hockey =)

So the family and I spent the weekend taking in the NHL's All-Star Weekend extravaganza at Phillips Arena in Atlanta. Overall it was a pretty exciting time, and it was something that I'm glad to have experienced at least once. Although I've decided not to do it again unless it happens at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, home of my beloved Flyers.

My only complaint was about the design of the arena. I actually really love the place for a regular old hockey game, but the place was just not designed to deal with the size of the crowd comfortably. And most disappointing was the lack of concourse space, very crammed, and not able accommodate the big exhibits and famous trophies on display normally at the all-star game. None of which were to be found.

In the end the East All-Stars prevailed 8-7 and I got to see my favorite player - Mike Richards - tally his first career all star point on an assist in the first period. So, that was pretty awesome.

--------------------

I'll have another update later in the week with some cool news on the musical front. Including some big Nerd Parade news & notes. And oh yeah, the latest on Willis. (yeah, I'm totally serious - for those of you who know what I'm talking about and are sitting there saying - WTF?) - some things just never go away eh??

=)

No comments: