Welcome..

Musician Richard Dean Wilson Jr. - Born on 1.18.1977 in the great city of Philadelphia PA.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

On the road again....

(photo - me driving into Philly Friday afternoon - by Kat)


Greetings!!

So me and my wife just got done spending a week riding up and down the east coast to the tune of an estimated 1,800 or so miles in a rented Pontiac G6. For me to say that it was an awesome time would surely sell the whole experience short. So I'll just bust a quick rundown describing what I did, and then of course - provide the ever present Nerd Parade news & notes.

We left on Thursday morning for a drive up to Raleigh NC where we'd be stopping over for the night and hanging out with some of very best and favorite friends. A good time was had by all, probably a little too good on my behalf with a 400 mile drive scheduled for the next morning, but I've gotten through much, much worse.

Friday started kind of early - we managed to head out for Philly at about 7am. Even though I had the aforementioned "too much fun" the night before, the drive into Philadelphia is always one that goes by quickly for me. I think it's just because I get excited about visiting home and being with my family. Something I don't get to do very often. Kat and I spent Friday evening at my Mom's house - hanging out with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew. It was a truly relaxing and nice night. We were fed well with some charcoal grilled steaks in the back yard.

Saturday had been set aside for us to go see our favorite band - Rush, in my hometown - Philly, with my dear Uncle Bobby. He is partially responsible for several of the things that I love about life - Rush, hockey, and he was probably the first person I ever saw play an electric bass - something that certainly stood out to me. Anyhow - it was a really incredible day - it was a dream come true for me and my Uncle, and on top of it all it must have been one of the 1 or 2 best shows that I've seen Rush put on - and it was my 10th time seeing them.

Sunday, Father's Day - was a day that started off with the sound of loud hammering outside at about 7am =) So - needless to say, not enough sleep was gotten. Regardless of this we pressed on, and the rest of the day was filled with hanging with the family, me taking a long overdue visit to my Father's final resting place just outside of the city, and then spending the evening in the amazing presence of my Uncle Jim, Aunt Joanne and all of their awesome kids / my cousins.

Monday we awoke and broke out back for Raleigh. Instead of the trip taking 7 hours as it did on the way up, it took 9 hours due to some serious driver fatigue and horrible accident induced traffic in our nation's capital.

Tuesday - we went home....

.... I'm still really tired.


So - after all that I got home, pretty much went straight to a NP rehearsal, got some sleep and woke up Wednesday to get ready for a NP gig - more on that later today. Believe me, there's plenty to say about it.

Well, thanks for reading.

-rw

No comments: