Welcome..

Musician Richard Dean Wilson Jr. - Born on 1.18.1977 in the great city of Philadelphia PA.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Have a rocking new year =)

Well - I don't know about any of you - but 2007 has been a heck of year for me. It's had more than it's fair share of the highs and the lows along the way. But now that it's all said and done - I can mark this one as a year that I will always remember.

A year ago today I was still living in South Florida and had just joined as a new member of The Nerd Parade. In the time since, the band has played more than 50 live shows and completed a month long tour of the eastern US. 2008 will see the release of our sophmore LP, and our 2nd tour - this time focusing on the northeast.

Along with all that musical craziness - me and the family have taken up residence in the beautiful town of Duluth, Ga. Obviously way more conducive to being in an Atlanta band than living in Miami. But the advantages are way beyond that. My wife has a great job, and my kid has a great school not too far from our home. I think we may just have to stay here for a little while - viva ATL!!!!

In closing - I'd like to give 2007 a final salute by listing 10 awesome things, in no particular order that made last year memorable for me.

1 - another year spent with the best wife ever.
2 - The Nerd Parade
3 - moving out of Florida
4 - seeing my heroes Queens of The Stone Age @ The Tabernacle - and their new record "Era Vulgaris"
5 - performing in Philly for the first time back in May.
6 - Rush touring (I did 2 shows, opening night in ATL and a week later in Charlotte).
7 - getting a better car than my -prone 86 Crown Vic' =)
8 - meeting all my new friends in the ATL area - some of which are like family to me now.
9 - spending time with my mom while on vacation last January
10 - surviving the year and getting to look forward to adventures of 2008
----------------

thats all for now - see ya next year folks!!!!!

No comments: