Welcome..

Musician Richard Dean Wilson Jr. - Born on 1.18.1977 in the great city of Philadelphia PA.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Alice In Chains live - They don't make em' like that anymore...


So last week Kat, Randy, Abby, and myself went to see Alice In Chains at the HiFi Buys Amphitheater here in Atlanta. It was once again amazing to see them. I have a theory that the band never really lost any of it's original magic because they were inactive from about 1997 - 2006, they never spend those long years losing their love for the band's music. Instead - they seem to have missed it badly and came back with a brand new appreciation for just how great they were.

Now I know some of you - including some good friends of mine - view the current AIC as somehow illegitimate. I wholeheartedly disagree. I know for sure that I love Layne Stayley as much as any of them. I hung my head and shed a little tear when I heard he was gone too, but that was 5 years ago. I really respect that the band is bringing these great songs back to the people who loved them so much in the early 90's - and showing a whole new generation just how powerful they are. Also overlooked by the Layne loyalists is the fact that Jerry Cantrell was probably responsible for more than twice songwriting than Layne was - I love the guy - but the sound of AIC that we all love is mostly the doing of the amazing Jerry.

long live Alice In Chains - props to William Duvall - r.i.p. Layne Stayley - we think about ya every time we hear those songs, and I know you're smiling up there watching us all get together and rock out with your old mates - we miss ya!!!

Alice In Chains - 10.03.07 - Atlanta

Again
Grind
We Die Young
Sludge Factory
Them Bones
Rain When I Die
Nutshell
No Excuses
Angry Chair
Man In The Box
Would?
Rooster

No comments: